Men Standing Up (MSU), a prevention program of MESA, is a group of dedicated volunteers who work to mobilize boys, men, and others in ending male violence and fostering a culture of equity and nurturance.
MSU volunteers assist with MESA events, participate in community advocacy, and facilitate workshops on themes like consent, healthy masculinities, and bystander intervention. MSU volunteers also facilitate Men of Strength (MOST) Clubs, a year-long program to mobilize and equip middle and high school boys to prevent sexual violence.
Upcoming training starts on May 11th!
Volunteers are required to attend all training dates.
- Monday, 5/11 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, 5/13 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, 5/14 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, 5/16 from 9am-4pm
- Monday, 5/18 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, 5/20 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, 5/21 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, 5/27 from 5:30pm-8:30pm
To apply to volunteer, please click the button below.
Cismen, transmen, queer men, men of color, multiracial men, older men, and young men are particularly encouraged to apply. We also welcome applications from non-binary folks and women!
For questions please email [email protected]