Development Specialist Internship
Responsibilities of the Position
- Help with execution of donor mailings
- Provide support sending mailings/invitations
- Assist with stewardship of donors through thank you notes and calls
- Help provide current donors and members with information requests
- Help with maintaining records
- Aid in conducting in-depth research into potential donors
Events and Grants
- Help with organizing our annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April)
- Provide event support including set-up, tear-down and help coordination of overall event execution for Canine Classic and Brave Bold and Beautiful
- Help in researching potential grants
- Administrative support
- Help secure sponsorships for The Canine Classic and Brave Bold and Beautiful
- Work with the Development Specialist on any third-party events
Each intern will be expected to work 8-10 hours per week at minimum (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9:30am–5:30pm, Monday through Friday in Lafayette office. This person must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information. We are looking for no less than a 6-month commitment. Applicant must be able to pass a background check prior to working with MESA.
We are seeking motivated and responsible college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior interning experience is not a requirement, but we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. A candidate should possess an interest in a nonprofit career, particularly development and fundraising and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. A potential intern should be comfortable working independently but also working with a team and a supervisor.
This is an unpaid internship
Those interested in the internship are asked to provide an updated resume with a cover letter. In the cover letter please identify which of the responsibilities and areas of fundraising listed in the internship description above you are interested in. For example, “I am interest in working with database and events,” or “just database.”
You can email your resume and cover letter. When using email, attach your resume and cover letter as a Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
Email: [email protected]