To coordinate, develop and implement MESA’s prevention education and awareness-raising efforts
The Prevention Education Specialist is responsible for the co-coordination of Peers Building Justice (PBJ), a collaborative program between MESA and the Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN). This position will work closely with SPAN’s PBJ coordinator. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the development and expansion of MESA’s middle school outreach efforts and for raising awareness of dating abuse and sexual violence among teens.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, or related field required.
- Two years’ relevant experience required.
- Experience working within collaborations and building community partnerships desirable.
- Knowledge of community resources desirable.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.